Saturday 21 February 2015

Tote Bags

Every second week I host an art/music class for kids 4 and under (yes I'm slightly crazy).  It's a "mommy and me" class as I like to call it.  All my crafts are Pinterest projects and I usually test them out on my almost three year old before we do them with others.  We've had some great projects. This weeks project was a huge hit, every single kid loved this one.  I know I sound surprised but I have a large age range (1-4) and so sometimes it's hard to find something that everyone can do and will love to do.  This project was a great success!  This is the original Pin.


Now unless you have a very meticulous child your bag will look nothing like this, but it's really not about the end result it's about the process and how much your child enjoyed it! 


All you need is a blank canvas bag, acrylic paint, and some fruits and veggies. We used apples and limes cut in half and we cut the root (bottom) off of a bunch of celery and lettuce to make our stamps.


I really think the key to this project was using fruits and vegetables as stamps. Everyone was excited to see what kind of shape an apple, lime and celery would make.

 PS. Don't skip using the bottom of a cut celery as a stamp it made the coolest most flower-like print.


We found our blank canvas tote bags at the Dollarama. 


No comments:

Post a Comment