Wednesday 18 March 2015

Wine Glass Lanterns



When I seen this Craft I immediately had to try it.  It looked so easy and I had everything on hand.  The link even had a printable template to make my shade.  I grabbed my scrapbook paper, printed and cut out my template, found a wine glass and got to work.



 Instead of tracing my template onto my paper, I just rolled a piece of tape to make double sided tape and stuck it on.


After I cut it out , I wrapped my paper around the glass to see where the two ends of the shade would meet, then I taped them together.  You could put some glue too at this point if you didn't want to see tape on the outside.  I took the extra step of gold leafing the bottom of my glass.  I just put tape where I wanted my gold to stop and painted it on.  I then lit my tea light and placed it in and put my shade on top.  Wow so pretty!


 I got a little worried with the fire and paper combination, so I bought a two pack of fake tea lights (the battery powered ones) at the dollar tree and they flicker like real candles.


I love this project and will be placing them all over tables at my next party!  Wedding season is almost here and I think this project would be so pretty as table decor!  Use paper different patterns in your wedding colors.  The best part is you can just make a new shade in a different color after, you already have the template.  Or just use the wine glass for their original purpose to have a drink after your event.  This one is a keeper!



It glows really pretty too!









No comments:

Post a Comment