Monday 9 March 2015

Warm Artichoke Dip



There are lots of artichoke dip recipes on Pinterest and this one is too, but only because I pinned it.  It's so fast and so good.  I'm pretty sure I've made this so often that every one of my friends has had this appetizer (maybe twice).  There is always someone asking for this recipe once they taste it.  I know you'll love it too.  I usually try to keep these ingredients on hand because it is such a quick and delicious appetizer to whip up last minute.

 All you need is a can of artichoke hearts, a container of cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, a little butter and garlic, a small casserole, and a quick sprinkle of paprika for color (optional).


Let the cream cheese sit on counter a few minutes to soften, this step will make your life a little easier.  Once softened spread whole container with the back of a spoon into your casserole dish.


Open and drain can of artichokes, chop them up into bite sized pieces. Mince a garlic clove (I tend to use one and a half cloves).  Melt two tablespoons of butter in a large measuring cup or microwaveable dish (I do this to cut down on dishes, but you could melt in a smaller dish and add to your artichokes later).

 Add artichokes and garlic to measuring cup and mix it around with the melted butter.

Spread the artichoke mixture evenly on top of your cream cheese.

Sprinkle about 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese on top.   I don't measure here, so I probably end up with a bit more cheese than that.  I just try and lightly cover the artichokes with cheese.


 Then sprinkle with a bit of paprika (I used smoked but regular will do).  It's really just for a bit of color and totally optional.  When your ready to eat just microwave for 1 minute or until warm all the way through.  It's usually about four minutes for my microwave.  Serve with Triscuit thin crisp crackers or a nice baguette.  I guarantee this will be a hit at your next gathering.


Delicious!


Great on baguette


or on crackers
 

Here's a printable recipe for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment