Wednesday 4 March 2015

Coconut Oil Hair Treatment


There's something about me you should know.  I love, love, love the smell of coconuts!  It reminds me of vacation.  Which kind of makes me sad because I haven't been south in over a year now and I won't be going anytime soon.  (Pause to look out the window at the deceptively sunny sky, the 5 feet snow on my front yard and my street that has not been cleared of snow since mid-November)
Sorry I got a bit distracted there.  The point is, I love the smell of Coconuts.  But, I hate the taste of coconuts! Actually that's not true.  I do love Red Lobster's Coconut Shrimp!  I'm a complicated woman.

This week I tried a Coconut oil hair treatment.  Tessa had told me it worked really well for her so I thought "why not?"  My coconut oil is also about to expire so I thought I should use it up.  Does anyone know if coconut oil actually goes bad?

All you really have to do for this treatment is plaster your entire head of hair with melted coconut oil, then wrap your hair in a towel or a shower cap. Leave it in for at least 30 minutes and shampoo it out 2 or 3 times.

Here is a before and after pic.


My before pic is from Wednesday.  I washed and conditioned my hair as usual and blow dried it upside down with no product in it with a round brush. For the record I usually use an anti-breakage serum when I dry my hair but I wanted to keep it simple so we could really see how well this worked. So, the next day I did the treatment.  I left it in for half an hour.  I shampooed my hair 3 times to make sure there was no oil left.  There is nothing worse than washing and styling your hair only for it to end up greasy!  If it happened to me I would have quit and gone back to bed.  I styled my hair the same way as the day before.  My hair was not particularly dry or damaged prior to using the coconut oil treatment but I still noticed a difference after I dried my hair. It just felt so much smoother and softer.  I definitely give this Pin a thumbs up. 

Give this one a try yourself!  Here is the link for full instructions.


No comments:

Post a Comment