Monday 23 March 2015

Watercolor Tree


I've really been getting into watercolors lately.  I started a watercolor board on my own Pinterest and started pinning what appealed to me.  So far I've been enjoying painting flowers the most.  I came across this tutorial on Pinterest a bunch of times and finally got around to clicking on the link.  The process looked so easy!  It was easy!  And the beautiful thing about this project is that every tree you paint is going to look different! It's completely unique, and fun.


Here's what you need.  I used three colors, Bright Yellow, Crimson and Ultramarine Blue.

Now in case you are wondering, that is a gift back in the picture above.  My original idea was to paint my tree on these gift bags I got from Dollar Tree.  This was a complete failure!  The bags somehow repel water, which is not what you want.  So I ended up painting my tree on inexpensive watercolor paper.


The first step for this project is to spray your paper lightly with water.  I tried to keep the water just in the general area I wanted to have my tree.  Then you "tap" in your colors.  Yellow, blue, then red.

 

When you are happy with the amount of color you've got going on, pull out your spray bottle again and gently begin spraying.  Above is just a couple of sprays.  Looking good so far! 



A couple more sprays and this is what I have.  Now comes the most important part...PATIENCE.
You have to let it dry completely before you paint in the tree trunk.


Here's my finished product.  This was so easy.  I'm going to give it a try with the little dude soon!  I think there might be a little more mess though!  I really love this Pin, so don't Pin it and forget it! Give it a try!


No comments:

Post a Comment