Monday 30 March 2015

Deep Dish Pizza



Do you ever have one of those days where you feel like everything takes longer than you expected?  The days where you only get out of the house in the afternoon to do a billion errands?  Traffic is heavy, the stores are busy and you end up at home right at supper time.  This is exactly what happened to me the other day.

Now I'm all for homemade, healthy food options. But do you know how many meals we make in a year?  If you only cooked two meals a day for five days a week (I'm leaving room here for left overs) that's 480 meals you've made in a year.  So sometimes I'm all for adding a jar of this or a can of that.  Sometimes.  This was one of those times. I seen this recipe and I knew this would be great for a busy day.


The first thing I did was throw my bacon in the oven, yep that's right I said oven.  Check out how  here


Then I put my pan on medium heat and squeezed my sausage from the casing and broke it up with my spoon as it cooked, so i would have little pieces of sausage to scatter throughout.


Next find a "deep dish" to cook your pizza in and spray with cooking spray (make sure to spray up the sides a bit too) and place your Pillsbury pizza dough inside pressing up against the sides of dish. Spread your pizza sauce on top with the back of a spoon.  At this point I decided to look at the back the package for the dough and it told me to pre-bake dough for 8 minutes sans sauce.  But when I had read the Pinterest recipe it didn't say to do that.  So I just continued on and disregarded the package instructions, since I didn't really see the point of pre-baking anyways.


Then add the rest of your toppings.  Mine were onions, peppers, pepperoni, cooked sausage, bacon and of course cheese, lots of cheese.

Put in the oven at 400 degrees (bonus oven is already at 400 degrees from bacon)


Bake for about 20 minutes.

My extra step was to top with a few drizzles of olive oil and Italian seasoning and broil for a few minutes until cheese is a little bubbly and slightly browned.

YUM!


A quick easy deep dish pizza.  This is a great base for leftovers.  Left over chicken, sausage, ground beef, even ham can be used up on this quick pizza. 












No comments:

Post a Comment