Tuesday 24 March 2015

Taco Tuesday


A few days ago when cleaning out my freezer I discovered some ground beef that had been sitting in there too long.  Usually when this happens it means Taco night!  Taco Tuesday anyone?  I don't actually remember if it was a Tuesday when we had the tacos, I just really love the Lego Movie!  Anyone out there know what I'm talking about?  Anyways, I've been wanting to try this pin I'd seen for baked tacos for a while now.  I had a taco kit, I had ground beef, mission was a GO!  So, technically this Pin was a more complex recipe including homemade taco seasoning.  Please guys don't get me wrong, I'm all for making your own taco seasoning!  But I got the taco kit on sale and, well, I'm a busy girl.  Who are we kidding, I'm ashamed.  Very, very, ashamed.  Now that I've got that off my chest let's continue.  The first thing I do when getting supper ready is get all my ingredients out and prepare as much as I can before I actually start cooking.  This is especially important if the meal comes together quickly.  This recipe only takes about 20-25 minutes from start to finish.


I start by preheating my oven too 400°F per the instructions from the recipe I pinned.  Then I begin to prepare my beef according to the directions from the taco kit.


Now pretty much all you have to do is fill up your tacos with meat and cheese.  


Here's what mine looked like before they went into the oven.  You'll notice that I have half hard and half soft tacos.  I bought the half and half kit, so I thought that it would be a great opportunity to test both for you guys.  


Here's what they looked like after about 8 minutes.  The pin recipe said to cook them for 10 but I kept an eye on them and felt like they looked about right at the 8 minute mark.  Maybe my oven is a bit hotter, who knows.  


Yummy!
You guys have to try this recipe out next time you have a taco night!  You know how everytime you eat tacos they always crack right down the bottom making a massive mess!  Well not anymore!  The shells became just a little softened during cooking, they had great texture!  As for the soft tacos, the sides didn't stand up very well while they cooked as you may see in the picture.  They also stuck to the glass dish.  Cooking spray should help with this problem.  I think I liked them just as much as the hard tacos though!  They were so delicious!  I think I ate four!  And I made a big taco salad the next day for lunch. 

You guys gotta Pin this one!


No comments:

Post a Comment